Saturday, July 05, 2008

Just a Quick Warm-up

I'm supposed to be writing my sermon right now. I know that it's really late on Saturday evening to be doing that, but it's not as bad as you think. So, I'm putting in a little warm-up writing time here.
DH and I went on a farmers market spree this morning and came home with all kinds of good stuff--peaches, blackberries, corn (less than 24 hours from the stalk), purple-hulled peas, tomatoes, squash, you name it. And some of this stuff--peaches, blackberries, corn, peas--I bought in bulk. I just finished (finally) reading Barbara Kingsolver's Animal, Vegetable, Mineral and now I have this insane fantasy going about freezing and drying all this stuff for the winter. (Absolutely no canning, though. I haven't lost my mind that far yet.) So wish me luck. If I don't get this stuff put up before it starts going bad, I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing the inside of a marriage counselor's office.

3 comments:

Terri said...

I'm introducing you on the Revgals Meet and Greet Monday morning! Welcome!! A good way to get connected is to play the Friday 5 and go to other blogs and leav comments, that way folks will wander back to your blog too!

Unknown said...

Canning terrifies me! I always imagine great explosions.
Welcome to RevGals, I look forward to hearing more about your freezing, drying, etc.

Mary Beth said...

Yummy! all your produce sounds fabulous!

I grew up with canning (granparents and mom) and do not want to do that ever in my life!

I hear you about hubby's concerns. :) Mine is that way too.

Welcome!