Wednesday, July 23, 2008

New Baby Coming

All of a sudden, this Wednesday has gone from nothing on the calendar to being completely crazy. This biggest news is that one of my parishoners is at the hospital right now delivering her first child. I can't wait to get down their to check on her and be supportive, but of course, 9 million other things have suddenly jumped up to interfere. And even worse, the interferences are important too--like meeting with the dean from the seminary I want to attend to talk about getting started with classes this fall. I hope it's not too late. I admit, I've been stalling on this one. I think because of the huge amount of debt it entails more than anything else. But I've made the call now so all I can do is press on.

Our house feels really empty right now, with DS off to church camp, followed by a week at the Appalachia Service Project. It's odd, because 17 year old sons don't really hang out at the house much, or are sequestered in their rooms so much when they are, that you think I wouldn't notice it so much but I really do. It's really going to be strange next fall when he moves off to college.

Gotta run, time to go meet the dean.

No comments: