Friday, March 07, 2003

Beliefnet.com
Perfect love casts out fear.
What a great thought (idea?, saying?, truth?) I've finally reached a point in my life where I don't fear things as much as I used to. I don't worry as much about whether or not people like me--because I have learned that no matter what I do, some people won't like me.
I have learned to worry less about tomorrow--because most of the time I can only cope with what comes. I can't control what's coming because I have no idea what it's going to be. So worrying about what's ahead is mostly just a waste of time because whatever happens is usually different from what I anticipated anyway.
**************
Even with all that I've learned, though, I still find plenty to fear. No matter where I turn and what I learn I still find new things to fear. Right now, my biggest fear is that I will fail in my ministry. And that my failure will not hurt me but the kids entrusted to my care. Sometimes it feels like too much. But I have also learned in the last 18 months that the more I feel like I'm teetering on the edge of disaster is when I can finally let go and rely on God. And it turns out OK. So, now all I have to do is learn to trust God before I'm teetering on the edge.

(BTW, this blogging stuff is much harder to do at home--where my husband is watching television, my son is wrestling with the dog, & my daughter is tuning her ukelele, all at the same time. But I guess everyone else already knew that.)

No comments: