Thursday, October 28, 2004

OK. Nothing to say today, but I'm going to say it anyway because I am going to get regular about this.
  • I am totally burned out in my job (and since I'm a minister of sorts, that's a really bad thing). I desperately need a change, but no matter how hard I keep flailing around, I can't find a way out.
  • My daughter is getting ready to graduate high school and go to college and I am not ready. I think she is, but who really knows.
  • My 13-year old son is 8 inches taller than I am. How much influence can you have at that point?
  • My husband is stressing himself out to the point of physical damage. How can you help someone not kill themself the long way?

All this is so whiny. I obviously need to start thinking about something other than myself. But the coming elections are too terrifying to even contemplate. I don't know if I will be relieved or depressed when they are over--probably depressed since I always manage to vote for the loser, especially in a Presidential race. It's been hard, too, to watch my daughter think about voting for the 1st time in this election season. The campaigns have never been so nasty, the choices so narrow and depressing, individuals so hateful and intolerant. Whatever happened to civil discourse? Loyal opposition? Actually listening before (and after) you made up your mind. It's been very discouraging for her--and for me as well.

No comments: