Monday, November 01, 2004

I've been doing a lot of knitting lately, making scarves for an upcoming craft fair. Not too long ago I was working on a new pattern--just developing it really--not sure where it was going or what it would look like, but letting it just come from my fingers. I asked my daughter what she thought of the new scarf, and she replied, "I don't know. I need to wait and see what it looks like when it's done. Right now I can't tell if it's supposed to look that way or if you just made a mistake." What an interesting perspective. Often in the pattern that God knits of our lives, we can't see the pattern yet either. Often it feels like a mistake. But as a designer, I know that there are never mistakes in a design, just new directions to go and new opportunities to take.

No comments: