Thursday, November 18, 2004

OK. I can see how this new little 'pastime' of mine could easily take over my whole life--well, maybe not everthing, but you know what I mean. Yesterday, everytime I thought I would take a minute to post, I thought that first I would just surf 'for a few minutes.' Well, you all know what happened. 'Just one more click.' This is as addictive as a slot machine.

My other problem is now I've started looking at everything as blog fodder. I drive around musing about what witty, insightful or mundane things I should natter on about today. Nothing is sacred. My family and friends would be horrified. (Which is why only a select few know about this little spot of mine. Certainly no one, or almost no one, from my job will ever get the address from me.) The problem is, I toss around so many ideas that I can't settle on anything.

But, my friend came to the rescue with an e-mail she sent me for Very Good Looking Damn Smart Woman Day that included this motto:

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arrivingsafely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid insideways, chocolate in one hand, margarita in the other.

I like it, but it probably won't fit on a t-shirt.

Oh, and one final word for today. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you to all the kind people who commented or e-mailed me your encouraging words about my little blog. I really appreciate you taking the time to do that. I would reply personally to all of you, but I haven't quite figured out how to do that yet. I'm still working on it. So, thanks again.

1 comment:

KZ said...

I can relate. I was a recreational writer long before I started blogging. And even back then, I viewed all of my life's experience as writing fodder. That awareness only intensified when I created a blog.

"Nothing is sacred," you say. I understand that sentiment, but I'd prefer to look at it a little differently. To me, everything is sacred. Even the smallest and most mundane inanities can lead you to discover some fundamental truth. It's a charmed world, where I come from. Every moment and every thought can be equally worth recording. The key is understanding why you're recording it. That's just my take on blogging, anyway.

I enjoyed what I read here. I'm glad I stopped by. ^^