Friday, August 15, 2008

Fall Transformation

On RevGalBlogPals the Friday Five question is this:

For this Friday's Five, share with us five transformations that the coming fall will bring your way.Bonus: Give us your favorite activity that is made possible by the arrival of fall.

So here are the transformations I anticipate this fall. (The question, of course, is what will happen that I don't anticipate.):

1. At age 52, becoming a student again as I start work on my MDiv degree. (What am I thinking?)

2. At the same time, continuing to morph from a rookie pastor (2 months in to my first appointment) to someone who has a clue about what they're doing. Of course, there is also the need to appear to remain calm and in control at the same time.

3. In December, my son turns 18, so I become a parent of adult children--very different than having just children.

4. Getting to go back to wearing my lace shawls again all the time. Yes, I have missed them. Maybe I can even add some heavier ones into the mix.

5. Going outside without melting. I'm not really much of a hot weather person, so I look forward to this one.

Favorite fall activity: With the whole family back in school, being able to get back to a predicatable and much more productive schedule.

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Great to read you...esp the part about the lace shawls. You inspire me!