Tuesday, August 12, 2008

And Now...

Well, a lot has happened since last Saturday. I just now realized that I completely forgot to post last Sunday's sermon. Maybe I can get that done later today, although my plans for today have been superseded by other people's events.

We did get a car for DS, a base-model Hundai Accent. It's a really nice car and he really likes it. Now we're in the flurry of arranging financing, insurance, etc. Of course, coming home from a church party last night in the rain, he hit a curb and bent the rim (Ouch) on one of the tires, so now a big chunk of today will be spent getting prices and making arrangements to get that repaired. We did agree that this expense is on him, though, so it looks like he'll be keeping that summer job a little longer than he planned to. I know that when you get something new that's really special, something always happens to it right away, but it still makes you kind of sick when it happens.

DD is coming home today to visit for a day or two and take home her dog. I really do like her dog, but I have to admit that I like it better at her house than mine.

I'm still waiting for word from the seminary. They should have received the last recommendation by now because I know they were mailed last week so I should hear something really soon. I know I need to get my books ordered, but I wanted a definite acceptance before I did that. I may have to go ahead and order them anyway.

DS and his friend are awake now, so I can actually turn on lights and make noise so I think I'll go and get a few things done.

No comments: