Tuesday, November 23, 2004

OK. So the bad thing about Blog Explosion is that in reading all those other blogs makes me realize how disappointing--or at least boring it is to check in with a familiar blog and find out that nothing has changed since your last visit. Maybe that will make me be more consistent. The only problem is, I'm not sure that my life has that much blog-worthy material. Today let's just settle for some random thoughts:
--My daughter, who is going to college next fall got a scholarship for for $2000 a year for getting her ACT score up to 30. Weeha! Now that's something to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.
--My son, however, has 27 missing assignments in math. The crazy thing is, even with not turning in that much work, he is still carrying a C in that class. I guess that's more to be thankful for in a strange sort of way.
--I haven't been reading for fun much lately because of my job and my graduate class. But I need to get a novel going soon. I'm feeling a real itch to release another wild book. If you've never heard of a wild book release, check out a www.bookcrossing.com. It involves registering a book, labeling it, and then leaving it somewhere for someone else to pick up and, hopefully, register the catch. It's free, it's fun, and it gives you some kind of unaccountable rush to see it in action--kind of like what my friends who are into the Geocacheing thing must feel on their little treasure hunts. Does anyone else out there do wild book releases? Have you ever caught one? Leave me a comment and let me know what you think of it.

Gotta run. Time to pick up the boy (the one with the math homework challenge) from wrestling practice.

2 comments:

Jim Cota said...

I'm an avid reader and a devotee (to some degree) of BookCrossing. You can see my bookshelf here:
http://malinois.bookcrossing.com

My biggest problem with the concept is that I have trouble letting a lot of books go!

I like your blog, keep it up!

/Jim
http://thecotas.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Found a bookcrossing book hanging about the bookstore I work in the other day. Skimmed it & released - wasn't quite my idea of a good read.
However recently started a bookclub & we'll be releasing all books after they're read: www.artswarren.com/bookclubInteresting blog, you also might like this one: http://educatinghercules.blogspot.com/