Tuesday, August 05, 2008

He's Baaaack

Hooray! DS is back from his Appalachian mission trip. I know it's not like he's been off in military service (as is the case with my friend's son). I know it's nothing like that, but he was gone for 2 weeks and we really did miss the guy. I know it's just a prelude to next fall's empty nest, but it was really empty around here. He got back Sunday, and I spent all yesterday morning playing video games with him. I know it was a waste of time, but there's very few things he really wants to do with mom these days so I was happy to waste the morning. (Now what's my excuse with my video time today?)

As far as we know, DD is surviving Rush Week. We really didn't expect to hear from her, because it is a really busy time with not a lot of rest, so I imagine that no news is good news. The good news from our end is that we haven't killed her dog yet (or even damaged it), even after she (the dog) chewed up my DH's favorite iPod cover. I don't know what would have happened if she had worked her way down to the iPod itself.

I have just this afternoon turned in the last part of my paperwork to start seminary this fall at St. Paul's at OCU here in Oklahoma City. There are still two reference letters out, but I expect them to get in soon. This is so exciting and soooo scary. I did OK when I was taking one class at a time at Philips, but for financial reasons I have no choice except to take a full load (9 hours) at St. Paul's. So, while still learning the ropes on being a pastor for the first time, I get to remember how to be a full time student again as well (only this time as a graduate student). Yes, I am nervous.

So, starting this week I'm trying to start living by my school schedule as far as when I go in to the office/church and when I work from home. I figure that the sooner both the church and I get used to it, the easier it will be. But the truth is, it's really hard for me to not run out to the church (although it's over 20 miles away) every day. Discipline, discipline.

Speaking of which, I guess I had better get going.

No comments: